SECTION 5 OFSTED INSPECTION - MARCH 2022
It is with enormous pleasure and pride that we are able to announce that New Close Primary School has been graded GOOD by Ofsted. This is following a full section 5 inspection on the 22nd/23rd March.
We have now received the report and we have achieved a ‘Good’ across all categories in the inspection framework.
Please click on the link below to read the full report.
I am delighted that Ofsted has recognised all these improvements and the excellent work going on here.
‘Leaders have implemented a curriculum that shows their ambition for all to succeed.’
‘Pupils enjoy coming to school.’
‘Pupils are taught to be the best they can be.’
The report also recognised the effective role of Acorn Education Trust in supporting the school, holding leaders to account and sharing good practice.
Some of the key strengths that make us very proud include:
- Inspectors noted that Leaders and staff have high expectations for pupils’ learning and behaviour.
- Teachers expect pupils to always do their best and show pride in their work.
- Pupils behave well in lessons. There is no bullying and when pupils are concerned there are effective ways of dealing with it.
- The school is a calm place to learn.
- Staff in early years understand children’s development well.
- Children in Early Years are prepared for the next stage of their education well.
- Teachers prioritise core knowledge which underpins future learning.
- There is precision and consistency in the way in which pupils learn mathematics.
- Leaders prioritise the teaching of reading and this is taught effectively.
- Pupils are taught the importance of a healthy lifestyle, including that of good mental health.
- The school ensures effective pastoral support is in place for military families.
- Safeguarding is effective.
- The school is inclusive, the inspectors noted that the well-being of SEND pupils is a high priority.
- It was recognised that staff know the children well and are vigilant for their well- being.